Pros and Cons
- Softer - Feathers are soft to the touch, making them a comfortable choice for upholstery. They also conform to the shape of a seat or back, which gives a piece of furniture a polished look.
- Better insulation - Feathers are made to help keep a bird's body warm in the winter. These feathers provide a loftiness that can insulate a chair or sofa so it doesn't heat up as quickly.
- Less expensive - Foam cushions are typically more expensive than feather or down cushions.
- Hypoallergenic - A feather cushion may create an unhealthy environment for those with allergies, especially asthma sufferers.
- More resilient - Foam cushions are much more durable than foam cushions.
- More comfortable - Foam can be cut to create custom cushions that can be form-fitted to any body type.
Feathers are Softer
Foam is Hypoallergenic
Feathers are More Insulating
Foam Is More Durable
Feathers Are Less Expensive
Foam Is More Comfortable
Which One Is Better For Your Cushion?